Macaroni & Cheese


Mac & cheese is kid’s favorite dish. Instead of buying from the store, I wanted to do myself from the scratch. I searched for good recipe. Finally, I have taken this recipe from the TV show. I did some modification from the original version according to my taste. I tried and it turned out well. So, I wanted to share this with everyone.

Ingredients

1 pound elbow macaroni
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 cups half-and-half
1 cup chicken stock or water
4 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper

Method

Ø  Boil 4 quarts water. Stir in 1 tablespoon salt and macaroni and cook until done. Drain pasta and return to pot. Set aside.

Ø  Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Stir in flour and cayenne and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in half-and-half and chicken stock until smooth. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is slightly thickened. Off heat, whisk in cheese, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper until cheeses melt. Pour sauce over macaroni and stir to combine.

Ø  Scrape mixture into 13 by 9-inch baking dish set in rimmed baking sheet and bake until top begins to brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like